Training week: 7 of 18
Money raised: $3,173 of $8,000
Today’s run: 3 miles, 30 degrees and sunny
Cumulative training miles: 167
It’s been about a month and a half since I started training for the Boston marathon and fundraising for the Trinity Boston Foundation. Right now, the running is going great — I’ve stayed on track with my training plan, and my 12-mile run yesterday felt fantastic. But whenever it seems like I’ve got this in the bag, I remind myself how far I have to go to raise that $8k. So it’s time to get creative.
In honor of the Patriots playing in the Super Bowl (again!), I’m running a Super Bowl Squares 50/50 fundraiser. Regardless of who you’re rooting for, or if you know anything/care about football, who doesn’t love putting a little money on the game?
- Squares cost $10 each, and you can buy as many as you’d like.
- 50% of proceeds go to the charity I’m running for, and 50% go into the pot to be won.
- UPDATE: A single winner will be chosen at the end of the game, and they will receive the full winnings (I’m hoping for a pot of $100+). If not all of the squares are filled, I will evenly distribute the remaining squares so everyone has an equal chance of winning.
- Winners are determined by looking at the last digit in each team’s final score. So if the score is Pats 24 – Falcons 17, the winner is the person who picked the square with a 4 in the Patriots column and the 7 in the Falcons row. (Confused? Click below. It makes more sense when you see the grid.)
- Click here to pick squares. Password: runjulierun. Pick your square(s) carefully!
- Payment is due directly to Julie. Options are Venmo (@Julie-Carroll-1), cash, check, or Google Wallet transfer (email@example.com).
- Cross your fingers and hope to win.
I’ve purchased two squares, so you can see how it works. If I win, I’ll donate my winnings to Trinity Boston Foundation.